Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Funerals and Things

So as I have already said, we have had two people in our lives pass away and their funerals were on Monday (Marth Brink) and on Tuesday( Marilyn Smith). The kids have never gone to a funeral before and they had a lot of questions. We talked at length about life after death and that we will all be together again. They are sad that the ladies are gone, but not sad that they died, because they know we will see them again. That being said...

After the last funeral the kids were asking me why the funerals were different. One was cremated/ one was not. One had a family lunch/ one feed everyone. and the list went on. We then talked about how everyone wants different things for their funeral. Some people make a will and put all their wants on the paper for their family. Some don't put anything on paper and let their family chose ( I left out the part that the people who don't have wills, totally screw their family and leave them to pay for the funeral. ). Then my kids asked me what I wanted at my funeral...

I told them I did not want them spending money. Just the basics. cheapest box. No flowers. Just pictures of me and my family. No viewing. and a BIG lunch after for my family and friends.

Logan said he and Jakob would build my box out of wood, because they are so good at wood working (three trips to Home depot making wood crafts and now they want to build a casket?). I said that was great, but I wanted Kellsie to paint it Pink and write " Hot Momma' on the side. She said she will and I totally love it!

Then Logan said because he is so amazing at wood working that he is going to make a big wood "thing" and carve a picture of uncle David chasing me with a snake (ah the good old days. David chasing me with a snake...a hammer...whatever!). I love the idea.

Then I asked who would be making the lunch for everyone to eat. Logan said they would be too busy with the other stuff, so he said the NFL team that he is playing on would do all the cooking and serving. I think that just about covers it (hope he is playing for the Chargers).

Then Jakob spoke up (so quiet in the back of the car). "If you die, who will drive us home?" Poor kid thought we were talking about me passing away right then! Wait....he wasn't worried about me being gone? Just about how he was going to get home? Thanks Jake!

WHATEVER! I have my pink box. I am totally happy!

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!