Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Funerals and such

We have had two family friends pass away this week.

The first was Brandie's mom Marilyn. It was a little unexpected, but at least she is with her dear husband again.

The other one was Martha. She just turned 94 years old. She gave up driving a car some years ago (due to hitting the side of the house as she left the drive way) and some of the ladies at church took turns taking her to dr's apt and grocery shopping. During the summer my kids would go with me to take her to the store. They had so much fun running to get her food and bring it back to her. She would praise them all the time. She was also the first Girl Scout here in New Mexico, so her and Kellsie bonded a lot over that.

Needles to say there were a lot of discussions in our house about life and death. I am grateful that I have a testimony of life after death. I am even more grateful that my kids have a testimony of that as well. I know that this life is not the end. This life is just a test. A test to see if we will follow the commandments of God. To be good people and raise strong families. Then we are on to the next life. To live with Heavenly Father Again. So I am sad that Marilyn and Martha will not be in our earthly lives anymore. But I am glad that they are with family and friends. And I know we will see them soon (not too soon I hope). Our thoughts and prayers are with their families. We love you guys!

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!