Monday, November 30, 2009

up all night...the kids home sick

Since the heater is on, Lukas' nose is all stuffy. I have a humidifier, but our room is too open and it doesn't do any good. Down stairs the heat is not so pronounced, so his nose is fine as long as I am holding him upright...All you moms totally know what I 'm talking about.

So the last couple nights I have ended up on the couch, sleeping (if you can call it that) with my little baby boy.

Today I had tons of things I needed to do. But last night Kellsie and Logan woke up with tummy aches (and etc) and Jakob woke up with a hurt tummy as well. No big deal. I will stay home and play nurse. But funny thing is, that the kids are sick, but they have ALL OF THEIR ENERGY!

Kellsie of course is being amazing. Helping. Not running around yelling. The boys however have chosen to push every single one of my buttons at the same time. Keep in mind that I am really tired, so my fuse is a little short as it is.

I send the boys upstairs to play (because the running around playing is waking up lukas). Kellsie comes running down stairs to tell me Logan fell off his dresser (yeah, that is right. I did say dresser) and his head is bleeding. Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be? Lots of blood, but I can't find the cut/scrape/hole. Bleeding stops quickly. Still can't find the source. no head ache, but I have to watch for those other signs.

Turns out Logan climbed onto his dresser (in the closet) to reach the box of cloths the top shelf. He was helping Jakob get bigger pants (I guess on top of the bloody head, Jakob is growing again).

I have now turned on a movie for the kids and came up stairs to NOT be around them. I needed a small brake. Wish I could take them out and buy myself a candy bar. Snickers...Baby Ruth...Butterfinger...I can dream can't I?

As a last note. I called the school to tell them my kids are sick. They want a dr note. My dr wants me to go to the Urgent Care (50.00 times 3 kids) or he will make a special exception and see them (20.00 times 3 kids) just to get a dr's note. WHATEVER! I called the school and told them the situation. They think I should find a new dr that will write notes. Ok! I will put it on my things to do list! I need my husband to go back to school to be a dr, so he can write my kids a note, because the school doesn't believe me when I say my kid is sick...Don't start with me! Don't they know I wouldn't have chosen this day if they weren't sick?????

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

A Dr's note? LAME!! Hope you survive. If I was there, I'd get you a candy bar... or two...

The Orrellys Family said...

UMMMMM... I'm ok to stich you kid but not to get you a dr. note??? you should have called me!!!

Unknown said...

AManda...Can you get me a dr note?????? I will be your best friend!

My Guest Book! Check it out!