Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Book Fair

Last friday was the last day for our school book fair. It was my first time running the book fair, so I was hoping I did everything right. About 1/2 hour before we closed down I went and asked the Principal and the VP if they wanted to buy anything before we closed up (just trying to be nice like I ALWAYS AM). They said they did want to buy some books and for me to stop by the front desk and pick up a purchase order for 1,000.00.

They came in (remember this is about 20 min until we close for the whole book fair) and they start making piles of books! Then the Principal asks me to go back up front and get another purchase order for another 1,000.00.

So in about 20 min they spent 2,000.00 in books for the kids at school. I was so excited! Then she told me that she needed a detailed document stating each book that she bought, the quantities , the title, the author and the price. WHAT?????

I was there another hour adding and writting all the information down. But the good news is that the total sales were 5,0001.24. That means our school gets 3,000. in free books for our kids at school.

We have another book fair in feb, so we will see what happens then. I am not counting on 2,000. from the principal. But that won't stop me from asking!!!

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!