Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Another Book Fair Day

I am learning a lot about running a book fair. Last year when I helped I took the training fro, Scholastic and helped out a couple times checking out books.

This time I took the training, set it up (with some help), running the register and closing out the fair. I really like it and I am having a lot of fun. I have been setting aside books that I wanted and ones that the kids wanted and I added them up today. 45.00 WOW! I don't think I have ever spent that much on books at one time. The Librarian said she was going to use her "Extra" book fair money to buy the books for me. I thought that was very nice and of course took her up on her offer. Again, FREE SHOPPING!!!

I just got done with Girl Scouts. We were working on the badge "Girl Scouts Around the World" We talked about WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts). They are working with UNICEF and the UN to help with Children's day on November 20th. They are doing an online Art oexhibit to raise awareness of the children's rights document they put together. The girls each picked a child's right they liked and made a art piece that went along with that. We are mailing them in to UNICEF this week. I will send you the link to the art exhibit when I get it. I hope you will like it.

Off to watch CSI...

Katie

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!