Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Help...it's just not funny anymore

So when I found out I was prego, Jeff immediatly came up with the names of the child. Stone for a boy and Kloe for a girl. I like Kloe as a name, cute and starts with a "K" so I was ok with thinking about that.

BUT STONE????

My hubbie is a secret wrestling fan. When we got married I found out he watched it every week without fail. He doesn't watch it as much, but he has always tried to name of our children after one of the wrestlers (or Pamela Anderson, but that is another story).

So there is a wrestler named Stone Cold Steve Austin. There is also the former wrester "The Rock" which is what I think Jeff will nick name the child. Other possible nick names: Pebbles???

So do I not like the name because I associate it with wrestling, because I am afraid he will be teased, because it is part of landscaping material or because I really don't like the name.

HELP!!! I need guidance!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Haha That's hilarious. I was sort of wishing my sweet friend had had some of those concerns when she named her cute son Conan. Oh the dread....

Yes if you relate it to Wrestling, it must be outlawed immediately. I think "Stone" is nice but the wrestling thing is not a draw. LOL

Good luck!

PS I feel there are a few things we get to pull rank on as women. IF husband and wife can agree-great, but if not...he didn't carry that babe and feel like poo for 9 months now did he? :)

crazygirl said...

my nephews name is Stoney...
we call him Stone..
and i LOVE it.. it so fits his personality...

what about Stone Phillips?
try associating the name to somebody else.. ROFL
good luck...
i'm glad to hear you are finally feeling better!

Jeff said...

FYI, the name has nothing to do with wrestling. And when it comes time to sign the birth certificate, you'll be so worn out and drugged up on the epidural, you won't have a clue what I am putting down as a name...

My Guest Book! Check it out!