Thursday, May 16, 2013

My friend Rachel

Part of my job as Relief Society President is to help sisters and their families who are passing away. To help ease their burden, help with planning and carrying out of funeral arrangements.

I have a strong testimony of the Plan of Salvation. That our lives do not end in death, but that we live forever with our families if we live a good life. So when I am helping families through this sad and painful process, I can remember and rely on my testimony that all will be made right and we will see each other again.

2 years ago a sister moved into our ward, Rachel. She has had a hard life with many physical difficulties. I have had the honor of helping her over come and endure some of these difficulties. knowing that Rachel would not live very much longer, we have talked about death and living with the Savior again. I have loved our conversations and have envied her peace at this time in her life.

Rachel just called, she had been put on hospice and has been given 3-4 weeks to live. Rachel is still at peace and she is ready to go. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who will take her from this life and give her a strong body and mind. She will be free from this worlds problems and from her bodies imperfections. I will miss my friend and the love and laughter that she has brought in my life. but I know how happy she will be in the next life. May the time pass quickly my friend.

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!