Wednesday, October 26, 2011

ZOFIA!!!

About time little girl!!! 
We have been waiting for you!

On monday, October 10th, Jeff calls from work and says he is going to work a night shift the next day. I tell him the baby is never going to come so it doesn't matter what times he works. The next day Jeff is getting ready to walk out the door from work and I say "I think my water broke". He turns and says " Think or know? " 

About a month before Zoe was born we found out that I was positive for Strep b. An infection found in about 30% of women. I had never had it before and it doesn't really do anything to the mom, but it can cause problems with the baby when delivered. I was told I needed antibiotics but I couldn't take them until I went into labor and I had to finished them before she came. They take 4 hours for the whole round of antibiotics to be given. We were worried because when I am not induced my labors are only 5 hours and I was already dilated to a 4. If we didn't get the antibiotics they would keep us 48 hours and watch for complications like pneumonia (and a bunch of other things online that stressed me out). Also because I am RH Neg that means that my babies are all jaundice they are suppose to get worse with each child. With Lukas it was really bad and we were in the NICU for a week just for that problem.

So we had been praying and praying that Heavenly Father would take care of her and help her come home safe.

We went into the hospital and it turns out my water didn't brake it was just leaking. BEST THING EVER! They were able to start me on antibiotics and then after the first round they broke my water and started another round of antibiotics. They did find that Zofia had malconia (where she poops while in my tummy). This is not good because if the baby breaths it in, it can cause problems. 

At 9:59pm Zofia Anne Giras was born.  8.2lbs and 21" long!!!

The NICU Docs were there to suction her out and make sure he was ok. And she was!!! 

After some hugging him Jeff was off to pick up the kids and bring them back to meet their sister. Lukas would not come hug me because the IV's were still in and it was freaking him out, but he was thrilled about the baby! They all took turns holding and loving her. Jeff took the kids home and Kellsie stayed the night with me and Zoe. The drs made us check twice for diabetes because they said she was really big for being 9 days early. I told them that the drs dates were wrong and she was 2 days late. They didn't believe me until they ran the tests and she came back normal.

Since we had all the antibiotics and she was low on jaundice levels they sent us home.








No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!